I am constantly compiling a list of all foul ball lawsuits related to fan injuries or rule changes. The list is not complete, and contains cases that either directly relate to foul ball issues or have references to other cases involving foul balls. The current list shows the cases that fall under “foul ball” and “negligence”. This list includes “contributory negligence”. Remember: Some of these may not be directly related to MLB games.
Want to see the specifics about a case involving a foul ball? Just click the link and you’ll get to read all the information we’ve been able to dredge up on it.
Where Do You Want to Go?
Click on a link below and jump directly to it:
- Barbara Richardson, Individually and as Guardian ad Litem of Dannie T. Richardson, a minor, Appellant, v. City of Columbia, South Carolina, City of Columbia Department of Parks & Recreation, and Richland County Recreation Commission, Respondents. Opinion No. 3170. 340 S.C. 515; 532 S.E.2d 10; 2000 S.C. App. LEXIS 81. 069 – Richardson v City of Columbia
- CHRISTEEN SCALCO, Plaintiff-Appellant, vs. DES MOINES SEMI-PRO BASEBALL, an Iowa Corporation, and THE DES MOINES INDEPENDENT COMMUNITY SCHOOL DISTRICT, Defendants-Appellees. No. 0-670 / 00-0458. 2000 Iowa App. LEXIS 62. 024 – Scalco v Des Moines Semi-Pro Baseball
- ALYSSIA MARIBEL BENEJAM, a minor; YSABEL BENEJAM and ROBERT BENEJAM, Individually, Jointly and as Next Friends of Alyssia Maribel Benejam, Plaintiffs-Appellees, v DETROIT TIGERS, INC., a Michigan Corporation, Defendant-Appellant. No. 217727. 246 Mich. App. 645; 635 N.W.2d 219; 2001 Mich. App. LEXIS 146. 046 – Benejam v Detroit Tigers Inc
- NANCY A. ROMEO AND JAMES N. ROMEO, HER HUSBAND, Appellants v. THE PITTSBURGH ASSOCIATES, D/B/A THE PITTSBURGH PIRATES BASEBALL CLUB. No. 00814 WDA 2001. 2001 PA Super 343; 787 A.2d 1027; 2001 Pa. Super. LEXIS 3491. 003 – Romeo v Pittsburgh Associates
- [**1] PINAKI RAY and DEBBIE RAY, Plaintiffs, v. HUDSON VALLEY STADIUM CORP., ROHDE, SOYKA & ANDREWS CONSULTING ENGINEERS, P.C., LISCUM MCCORMACK & VANVOORHIS, [**2] THE HUDSON VALLEY RENEGADES BASEBALL CLUB, DUTCHESS COUNTY ENTERTAINMENT CORP., AND THE GREATER SOUTHERN DUTCHESS CHAMBER OF COMMERCE, INC., Defendants. INDEX NUMBER 5363/01. 2002 N.Y. Misc. LEXIS 981; 2002 NY Slip Op 50312U. 087 – Ray v Hudson Valley Stadium Corp 052 – Ray v Hudson Valley Stadium Corp
- HOWARD HUNTER, a single man, Appellant, v. PATRICK FERRY and JANE DOE FERRY, Respondents. No. 48532-6-I. 2002 Wash. App. LEXIS 1385. 007 – Hunter v Ferry
- JEANE HOBBY and KEITH HOBBY, Plaintiffs, v. CITY OF DURHAM and DURHAM BULLS BASEBALL CLUB, INC., Defendants. 152 N.C. App. 234; 569 S.E.2d 1; 2002 N.C. App. LEXIS 982. 067 – Hobby v City of Durham
- KELLI SLATER LARKIN wife of and JOSEPH MATTHEW LARKIN personally and on behalf of AUSTIN JOHN LARKIN versus UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, through THE UNITED STATES NAVY. CIVIL ACTION NO. 01-0527 SECTION “C” (4). 2002 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 22224. Larkin v Navy
- DONNA P. THURMOND v. PRINCE WILLIAM PROFESSIONAL BASEBALL CLUB, INC., ET AL. Record No. 020116. 265 Va. 59; 574 S.E.2d 246; 2003 Va. LEXIS 1. 070 – Thurmond v Prince William Professional Baseball Club Inc
- SHIRLEY SHEARS, Plaintiff and Appellant, v. CITY OF FORTUNA, et al., Defendants and Respondents. A099541. 2003 Cal. App. Unpub. LEXIS 1345. 050 – Shears v City of Fortuna
- Pinaki Ray et al., Appellants, v. Hudson Valley Stadium Corp. et al., Respondents, et al., Defendant. (Index No.5363/01 ). 2002-09005, 2002-07091. 306 A.D.2d 264; 760 N.Y.S.2d 232; 2003 N.Y. App. Div. LEXIS 6212. 087 – Ray v Hudson Valley Stadium Corp 052 – Ray v Hudson Valley Stadium Corp
- Ronald Alwin, Appellant, vs. St. Paul Saints Baseball Club, Inc., et al., Respondents. A03-686. 672 N.W.2d 570; 2003 Minn. App. LEXIS 1489. 055 – Alwin v St Paul Saints Baseball Club Inc
- MICHAEL LEPERA, Plaintiff and Appellant, v. JESSIE WHITEHILL, Defendant and Respondent. B167490. 2004 Cal. App. Unpub. LEXIS 226. 099 – Lepera v Whitehill
- JANE COSTA vs. THE BOSTON RED SOX BASEBALL CLUB. No. 02-P-1433. 61 Mass. App. Ct. 299; 809 N.E.2d 1090; 2004 Mass. App. LEXIS 639. 047 – Costa v Boston Red Sox Baseball Club Costa v Red Sox
- Seneca Lyn Gaylord, a minor, by her parents and natural guardians, Jennifer Gaylord and Robert Gaylord, and Jennifer Gaylord and Robert Gaylord, individually, Appellants v. Morris Township Fire Department a/k/a Morris Fire Department. No. 378 C.D. 2004. 853 A.2d 1112; 2004 Pa. Commw. LEXIS 497. 080 – Gaylord ex rel Gaylord v Morris Tp Fire Dept
- Susan Koenig et al., Appellants, v. Town of Huntington, Respondent. 2003-09088, (Index No. 25863/00). 10 A.D.3d 632; 782 N.Y.S.2d 92; 2004 N.Y. App. Div. LEXIS 10757. 073 – Koenig v Town of Huntington
- KEITH TUCKER and PAM TUCKER, Individually and as husband and wife Plaintiffs/Appellants, v. ADG, INC., a/k/a ARCHITECTURAL DESIGN GROUP, INC., Defendant, OKC ATHLETIC CLUB, Limited Partnership otherwise known as OKLAHOMA CITY ATHLETIC CLUB a/k/a or d/b/a OKLAHOMA REDHAWKS, T.S.M.G. a/k/a THE SPORTS MANAGEMENT GROUP, Defendants/Appellees. No. 98,895. 2004 OK 71; 102 P.3d 660; 2004 Okla. LEXIS 82; 75 O.B.A.J. 2481. 003 – Tucker v ADG Inc
- DONNA REES, ET AL., Plaintiffs-Appellants vs. CLEVELAND INDIANS BASEBALL COMPANY, INC., ET AL., Defendants-Appellees. 84183. 2004-Ohio-6112; 2004 Ohio App. LEXIS 5580. 071 – Rees v Cleveland Indians Baseball Co Inc
- HEATHER REIDER VERSUS STATE OF LOUISIANA, THROUGH THE LOUISIANA BOARD OF TRUSTEES, FOR STATE COLLEGES AND UNIVERSITIES, THROUGH MCNEESE STATE UNIVERSITY. 04-1403 (La.App. 3 Cir. 03/09/05); 897 So. 2d 893; 2005 La. App. LEXIS 592. 039 – Reider v State ex rel Louisiana Bd of Trustees for State Colleges and Univ
- Neil Pakett, D.M.D. and Jeanette Pakett, h/w v. The Phillies, L.P.; Neil Pakett, D.M.D. and Jeanette Pakett, h/w v. The City of Philadelphia, Appeal of: Neil Pakett, D.M.D. and Jeanette Pakett, h/w; Neil Pakett, D.M.D. and Jeanette Pakett, h/w v. The Phillies, L.P.; Neil Pakett, D.M.D. and Jeanette Pakett, h/w v. The City of Philadelphia, Appeal of: Neil Pakett, D.M.D. and Jeanette Pakett, h/w. No. 2468 C.D. 2004, No. 2498 C.D. 2004. 871 A.2d 304; 2005 Pa. Commw. LEXIS 156. 025 – Pakett v The Phillies LP
- JEREMY LOUGHRAN v. THE PHILLIES, and MARLON BYRD. 1858. 2005 Phila. Ct. Com. Pl. LEXIS 203. 079 – Loughran v The Phillies Loughran v Phillies_Byrd
- LOUIS MAISONAVE AND MYRNA MAISONAVE, HIS WIFE, PLAINTIFFS-RESPONDENTS, v. THE NEWARK BEARS PROFESSIONAL BASEBALL CLUB, INC. AND GOURMET DINING SERVICES, DEFENDANTS-APPELLANTS, AND ABC CORP. (NAME BEING FICTITIOUS) AND JOHN DOE (NAME BEING FICTITIOUS), DEFENDANTS. A-59/60 September Term 2004. 185 N.J. 70; 881 A.2d 700; 2005 N.J. LEXIS 1108. 091 – Maisonave v The Newark Bears Gourmet Services 049 – Maisonave v Newark Bears Professional Baseball Club Inc
- Corey S. Chase and Kristie A. Chase v. Eldred Borough, Appellant. No. 2011 C.D. 2005. 902 A.2d 992; 2006 Pa. Commw. LEXIS 346. 086 – Chase v Eldred Borough
- Michael Teixiera v. New Britain Baseball Club, Inc. HHBCV054004214S. 2006 Conn. Super. LEXIS 2352. 059 – Teixiera v New Britain Baseball Club Inc
- LISA ANN ROMANO NEAL and JOEY NEAL, Plaintiffs-Appellants, v TEAM KALAMAZOO LLC, Defendant-Appellee. No. 267321. 2006 Mich. App. LEXIS 2547. 097 – Neal v Team Kalamazoo LLC
- JONATHAN RIVKIN et al., Plaintiffs and Appellants, v. CITY OF CARLSBAD et al., Defendants and Respondents. D046319. 2006 Cal. App. Unpub. LEXIS 8187. 073 – Rivkin v City of Carlsbad
- Barbara Madelung v. City of New Haven et al. CV020464850S. 2006 Conn. Super. LEXIS 3332. 090 – Madelung v City of New Haven
- Lauren Zambrano et al. v. Town of Stratford et al. CV055000119S. 2006 Conn. Super. LEXIS 3466. 077 – Zambrano v Town of Stratford
- Joan Haymon, Individually and as Mother and Natural Guardian of L.H., an Infant, Respondent, v Donald J. Pettit et al., Defendants, and Auburn Community Non-Profit Baseball Association, Inc., Appellant. 1638 CA 06-01264. 37 A.D.3d 1194; 829 N.Y.S.2d 766; 2007 N.Y. App. Div. LEXIS 1334; 2007 NY Slip Op 943. 005 – Haymon v Pettit 001 – Haymon v Pettit
- James Reyes et al., Plaintiffs, v City of New York, Defendant. 101772/05. 15 Misc. 3d 690; 835 N.Y.S.2d 852; 2007 N.Y. Misc. LEXIS 849; 2007 NY Slip Op 27103. 078 – Reyes v City of New York 077 – Reyes v City of New York
- Eugene Mantovani v. Yale University et al. 0550000480. 2007 Conn. Super. LEXIS 1908. 016 – Mantovani v Yale University 062 – Mantovani v Yale University
- Harting v. Dayton Dragons Professional Baseball Club, L.L.C. 171 Ohio App.3d 319, 870 N.E.2d 766. ernst-harting_decision_(00341303)
- Linda Roberts, et al., Appellants, v Boys & Girls Republic, Inc., et al., Respondents, et al., Defendants. 106708/04, 1860. 51 A.D.3d 246; 850 N.Y.S.2d 38; 2008 N.Y. App. Div. LEXIS 75; 2008 NY Slip Op 73. 085 – Roberts v Boys and Girls Republic Inc
- KATHLEEN TURNER AND MICHAEL TURNER, Appellants, vs. MANDALAY SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT, LLC, D/B/A LAS VEGAS 51S, Respondent. No. 46191. 124 Nev. 213; 180 P.3d 1172; 2008 Nev. LEXIS 23; 124 Nev. Adv. Rep. 20. 020 – Turner v Mandalay Sports Entertainment LLC
- MATTHEW KRUSHINSKI CRAIG, Appellant v. AMATEUR SOFTBALL ASSOCIATION OF AMERICA & JOHN DOE, Appellees. No. 218 WDA 2007. 2008 PA Super 123; 951 A.2d 372; 2008 Pa. Super. LEXIS 1108. 071 – Craig v Amateur Softball Ass’n of America
- Ziograin Correa, Plaintiff, against The City of New York, New York Yankees and ESPN Regional Television Inc. and CT Corporation Systems, Defendants. and Third Party Actions. 20877/01. 28 Misc. 3d 1206(A); 957 N.Y.S.2d 635; 2008 N.Y. Misc. LEXIS 10592; 2008 NY Slip Op 52712(U). 036 – Correa v City of New York 073 – Correa v City of New York
- BENJAMIN FELD, LARRY FELD, and JUDITH FELD, Plaintiffs-Appellants, vs. LUKE BORKOWSKI, Defendant-Appellee. No. 8-247 / 07-1333. 2008 Iowa App. LEXIS 1130. 074 – Feld v Borkowski 023 – Feld v Borkowski
- Taryn T. Kaitbenski v. Tantasqua Regional School District et al. Opinion No.: 109996, Docket Number: 06-2556. 26 Mass. L. Rep. 424; 2009 Mass. Super. LEXIS 380. 025 – Kaitbenski v Tantasqua Regional School Dist
- TARA SWEENEY, Individually, and by CYNTHIA SWEENEY, Her Mother and Next Friend, Appellants, vs. CITY OF BETTENDORF AND BETTENDORF PARKS AND RECREATION, Appellees. No. 07-0127. 762 N.W.2d 873; 2009 Iowa Sup. LEXIS 26. 020 – Sweeney v City of Bettendorf
- EDWARD CRESPIN and JANIS CRESPIN, Individually and as parents of EMILIO CRESPIN, RACHEL CRESPIN, and CASSANDRA GARCIA, all minors, Plaintiffs-Appellants, v. ALBUQUERQUE BASEBALL CLUB, LLC, d/b/a ALBUQUERQUE ISOTOPES, CITY OF ALBUQUERQUE, HOUSTON MCLANE COMPANY d/b/a HOUSTON ASTROS, and DAVE MATRANGA, Defendants-Appellees. Docket No. 27,864. 147 N.M. 62; 2009-NMCA-105; 216 P.3d 827; 2009 N.M. App. LEXIS 123. 009 – Crespin v Albuquerque Baseball Club LLC
- Judith Rosenfeld, Appellant, v Hudson Valley Stadium Corp. et al., Defendants, and Liscum, McCormack & VanVoorhis et al., Respondents. (Index No. 7524/07). 2008-07030. 65 A.D.3d 1117; 885 N.Y.S.2d 338; 2009 N.Y. App. Div. LEXIS 6382; 2009 NY Slip Op 6527. 095 – Rosenfeld v Hudson Valley Stadium Corp
- CASON D. McINTURFF v. BATTLE GROUND ACADEMY OF FRANKLIN, TENNESSEE, ET AL. No. M2009-00504-COA-R3-CV. 2009 Tenn. App. LEXIS 862. 070 – McInturff v Battle Ground Academy of Franklin
- Beverly Anne Ohde Wolfe, Plaintiff-Appellant, v. Bison Baseball, Inc. aka Buffalo Bisons et al., Defendants-Appellees. No. 09AP-905. 2010-Ohio-1390; 2010 Ohio App. LEXIS 1169. 060 – Wolfe v Bison Baseball Inc
- DEBBIE J. VAUGHN, Plaintiff-Appellant and Cross-Appellee, v. JARROD BARTON and WEST FRANKFORT RECREATION ASSOCIATION, Defendants-Appellees and Cross-Appellants. 5-09-0213. 402 Ill. App. 3d 1135; 933 N.E.2d 355; 2010 Ill. App. LEXIS 694; 342 Ill. Dec. 769. 07 – Vaughn v Barton
- EDWARD C. and JANIS C., individually and as parents of EMILIO C., RACHEL C., and CASSANDRA G., minor children, Plaintiffs-Respondents, v. CITY OF ALBUQUERQUE, Defendant-Petitioner. EDWARD C. and JANIS C., individually and as parents of EMILIO C., RACHEL C., and CASSANDRA G., minor children, Plaintiffs-Respondents, v. ALBUQUERQUE BASEBALL CLUB, L.L.C., d/b/a ALBUQUERQUE ISOTOPES, Defendant-Petitioner. Docket No. 31,907 Consolidated with: Docket No. 31,917. 148 N.M. 646; 2010-NMSC-043; 241 P.3d 1086; 2010 N.M. LEXIS 485; 82 A.L.R.6th 695. 006 – Edward C v City of Albuquerque
- Tiffani Williams, Appellant, v. Richland School District No. 400, Respondent. No. 28982-6-III. 2011 Wash. App. LEXIS 1332. 075 – Williams v Richland School Dist No 400
- Victor Rosado v. John Doe et al. Opinion No.: 116782, Docket Number: WOCV2010-01056. 28 Mass. L. Rep. 659; 2011 Mass. Super. LEXIS 175. 008 – Rosado v Doe
- Karen Cole, as Guardian ad litem for David C., Appellant, v. Boy Scouts of America, Indian Waters Council, Pack 48, Faith Presbyterian Church and Jeff Wagner, Defendants, of whom Jeff Wagner is, Respondent. David Cole and Karen Cole, Appellants v. Boy Scouts of America, Indian Waters Council, Pack 48, Faith Presbyterian Church and Jeff Wagner, Defendants, of whom Jeff Wagner is, Respondent. Opinion No. 27072. 397 S.C. 247; 725 S.E.2d 476; 2011 S.C. LEXIS 383. 038 – Cole v Boy Scouts of America
- DARYL D. BRYSON AND DENISE BRYSON, Plaintiffs, v. COASTAL PLAIN LEAGUE, LLC, GASTON BASEBALL, INC., MARTINSVILLE MUSTANGS, LLC AND THE CITY OF GASTONIA, AND THE CITY OF MARTINSVILLE, VIRGINIA, Defendants. COA12-65. 729 S.E.2d 107; 2012 N.C. App. LEXIS 864. 017 – Bryson v Coastal Plain League LLC
- Maria TORRES, as Next Friend of Dareion Torres, Appellant v. DILLEY YOUTH ATHLETIC ASSOCIATION and Little League Baseball, Inc., et al., Appellees. No. 04-11-00439-CV. 2012 Tex. App. LEXIS 6485. 013 – Torres v Dilley Youth Athletic Ass’n
- TAYLOR GRIGSBY et al., Plaintiffs, Appellants and Respondents., v. THE REGENTS OF THE UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA, Defendant, Respondent and Appellants. No. B233430. 2012 Cal. App. Unpub. LEXIS 9200. 075 – Grigsby v Regents of University of California
- SOUTH SHORE BASEBALL, LLC, d/b/a GARY SOUTH SHORE RAILCATS, and NORTHWEST SPORTS VENTURE, LLC, Appellants-Defendants, vs. JUANITA DeJESUS, Appellee-Plaintiff. No. 45A03-1205-CT-222. 982 N.E.2d 1076; 2013 Ind. App. LEXIS 69. 038 – South Shore Baseball LLC v DeJesus 008 – South Shore Baseball LLC v DeJesus
- BUD ROUNTREE, Plaintiff-Respondent, v. BOISE BASEBALL, LLC, a Delaware limited liability corporation d.b.a. Boise Baseball, d.b.a. Boise Baseball Club d.b.a. Boise Hawks Baseball Club LLC, d.b.a. Boise Hawks, BOISE BASEBALL, LLC, an Idaho limited liability corporation d.b.a. Boise Baseball, d.b.a. Boise Baseball Club, d.b.a. Boise Hawks Baseball Club, LLC, d.b.a. Boise Hawks, BOISE HAWKS BASEBALL CLUB, LLC, an assumed business for Boise Baseball, LLC; HOME PLATE FOOD SERVICES, LLC, an Idaho limited liability corporation, (only the foregoing are Appellants herein); MEMORIAL STADIUM, INC.; WRIGHT BROTHERS, THE BUILDING COMPANY, an Idaho general business corporation, TRIPLE P, INC., an Idaho general corporation, DIAMOND SPORTS, INC., a New York corporation, DIAMOND SPORT CORP., an Idaho corporation, DIAMOND SPORTS MANAGEMENT AND DEVELOPMENT, LLC, an Idaho limited liability corporation; CH2M HILL, INC., a Florida corporation d.b.a. Ch2M Hill, CH2M HILL CONSTRUCTORS, INC. d.b.a. Ch2M Hill, CH2M HILL E&C, INC., d.b.a. Ch2M Hill, CH2M HILL ENGINEERS, INC. d.b.a. Ch2M Hill, CH2M HILL INDUSTRIAL DESIGN AND CONSTRUCTION, an assumed business name of Ch2M Engineers, Inc., CH2M Engineers, Inc., CH2M HILL, a foreign corporation doing business in Idaho under the name Ch2M Hill; WILLIAM CORD PEREIRA; ROBERT PEREIRA, and JOHN DOES I through X, whose identities are unknown, Defendants. Docket No. 38966, 2013 Opinion No. 24. 154 Idaho 167; 296 P.3d 373; 2013 Ida. LEXIS 55. 018 – Rountree v Boise Baseball LLC
- SHIRLEY MARTINEZ AND RICHARD MARTINEZ, Appellants v. HOUSTON MCLANE COMPANY, LLC D/B/A/ HOUSTON ASTROS BASEBALL CLUB, Appellee. 01-12-00433-CV. 414 S.W.3d 219; 2013 Tex. App. LEXIS 2420. 017 – Martinez v Houston McLane Co LLC
- TONISHA JOHNSON, Plaintiff-Appellant, v. CHICAGO PARK DISTRICT and AMALGAMATED TRANSIT UNION LOCAL 241, Defendants-Appellees. No. 1-12-2803. 2013 IL App (1st) 122803-U; 2013 Ill. App. Unpub. LEXIS 1985. 088 – Johnson v Chicago Park Dist
- JOHN COOMER, Appellant, vs. KANSAS CITY ROYALS BASEBALL CORPORATION, Respondent. No. SC93214. 2014 Mo. LEXIS 154. 065 – Coomer v Kansas City Royals Baseball Corp
- ATLANTA NATIONAL LEAGUE BASEBALL CLUB, INC. v. F. F. INDIVIDUALLY et al. A14A0398. 2014 Ga. App. LEXIS 507. 099 – Atlanta Nat League Baseball Club Inc v FF
- Gail Payne vs. MLB, Case4:15-cv-03229. ORIGINAL: 07-13-2015_Complaint_Payne_v__MLB_No__15-cv-3229 ; REVISED/AMENDED (23 October 2015): PAYNE_MLB10_23complaintREVISED
- Gail Payne vs. MLB, Case4:15-cv-03229. [CASE DROPPED for lack of proof]
- Zlotnick v. New York Yankees Partnership and Major League Baseball (Supreme. Court, Bronx County, Index No. 23243/2012). 2016 (LOST): “Justice Lizbeth Gonzalez granted the motion of defendants New York Yankees Partnership (NY Yankees) and Officer of the Commissioner of Baseball d/b/a Major League Baseball (MLB) to dismiss or, in the alternative, for summary judgment in a novel case.”
- Wendy Camlin v. the Pittsburgh Pirates, the Sports & Exhibition Authority and Major League Baseball. (SEE UPDATE UNDER 2019)
- Rawlins vs. Cleveland Indians : Decision for Indians. Team was not held liable for damages incurred by plaintiff. This is FIRST jury decision of it’s kind, upholds “Baseball Rule”; Original filing: 2015-Ohio-4587
- Zlotnick v New York Yankees Partnership 2017 NY Slip Op 07410 Decided on October 24, 2017 Appellate Division (APPEAL LOST): https://law.justia.com/cases/new-york/appellate-division-first-department/2017/4789-4788.html , First Department Published by New York State Law Reporting Bureau pursuant to Judiciary Law § 431. Netting zealot Andy Zlotnick sues MLB (again) and the Yankees to revoke the long standing “Baseball Rule” which came about from the Michigan case. Zlotnick, who failed to leave his seat when it started raining, and then failed to ask fans with umbrellas obstructing his view of the game, was struck in the eye with a foul ball. His general claim is that despite his own failures to use common sense and either get up and move so he could see the game or ask the fans with umbrellas to lower them, Major League Baseball and The New York Yankees are responsible for his injury, because he couldn’t see the ball. He loses his case epically, but vows on Twitter to appeal the decision…thinking that he is justified in not moving or asking fans to lower their umbrellas so he wouldn’t get hit, and that he shouldn’t be held accountable for his own actions.
- Loos vs. Chicago Cubs and Major League Baseball. Loos was blinded by a foul ball at a Cubs game on August 29, 2017. A Cook County judge dismissed the Cubs from the case on March 8, 2018. PDF of filing.
- Zlotnick v New York Yankees Partnership 2018 … PLACE SETTING since next APPEAL will also be a LOSS).
- Taubin (Stephanie) vs. Red Sox. A JURY ruled against Taubin and in favor of the Boston Red Sox on June 13, 2018. This represents ANOTHER case in which a jury of peers found in favor of MLB and the team, thus re-enforcing “The Baseball Rule” and setting precedents setting fans need to pay attention to the game. Taubin, in cross examination, admitted that she saw and heard the warnings during the game and that she followed the ball, but did not react. Thus, the jury found that the Red Sox not liable for her injuries.
Carey Mason v. Detroit Tigers. Mason was hit in the head with a foul ball in 2015, deciding not to file a suit until after the Tigers added netting. She contends a security guard distracted her over a helmet Victor Martinez gave her, something that would have saved her from injury had she not been told to hand it back.
Wendy Camlin v. the Pittsburgh Pirates, the Sports & Exhibition Authority and Major League Baseball. Camlin was hit by a foul ball in 2016. You may know the incident: She’s the one who was moving to her seat in the Slaughter Pen area when a foul ball was hit straight back and the netting failed. The net had entirely too much “give” and allowed the ball to nail her in the head. Pirates and MLB have been released from the lawsuit and Promats, the netting company is the sole defendant now.
PROBABLE LAWSUIT to be filed on behalf of Dodgers fan killed by foul ball in 2018. She is only the SECOND MLB fan killed by a foul ball in OVER 100 years of play. Both fan deaths happened in Dodgers Stadium.